*We will be updating this page as information is made available. Please check in for new developments and resources*
Airbnb Host Repayment Program
For a reservation to be eligible under our extenuating circumstances policy, it must have been for accommodations and booked on or before March 14 with a check-in between March 14 and May 31, 2020. If a reservation is covered:
- Guests will be able to cancel for a full refund for COVID-19-related circumstances.
- Airbnb will pay 25% of what you would’ve received for a cancellation based on your cancellation policy. For example, if you would normally receive $400 USD through your cancellation policy, we’ll pay you 25% of that—or $100 USD.
- We’ll send an email with more details in early April to hosts who are getting a payout. Future payments from the fund will be made on a monthly basis to hosts with qualifying cancellations.
- This policy will also apply retroactively, including any cancellations you may have had since March 14.
Realtor & Real Estate Investor Relief
Congress has voted on a historic COVID-19 relief that includes many benefits for Realtors and Real Estate Investors.
The following document was compiled by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR) detailing provisions in the following areas:
- Affordable Housing
- Banks and Credit Reporting
- Federal Transit Administration
- SBA Provisions
- Student Loans
- Unemployment Insurance and
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
This information is very new and we are working to understand all related details, including how to apply for aid. Please keep an eye out for additional information from Key Source Properties.
Tips for Economic Success:
- Remove recurring charges from autopay to have better control over your finances
- Discuss payment deferrals with vendors to whom you owe money
- Apply for the SBA disaster relief loans, even if you don’t need them. They can always be returned.
Louisville Closes Eviction Courts (indefinitely)
HUD, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac suspend foreclosures, evictions during outbreak
Airbnb to pay out $250 million to hosts to help ease coronavirus cancellation pain
Local Companies Not Interrupting Service for Non-Payment
Frequently Asked Questions
What do we know about the $250 Million Airbnb fund for hosts?
This program was announced by Airbnb’s CEO on 03/30. Payment appears to be tied to reservations that were canceled without regard for host cancelation policies. No additional details are known at this time. We are in communication with our Airbnb Account Manager about this and will provide updates on the program as they are announced.
Will we be eligible for government relief?
While legislation is being discussed to provide relief on the individual and small business level, those actions will not come quickly. This can be frustrating as a business owner but is also largely out of anyone’s individual control. Do the best you can, with what you have and within the constraints being outlined.